Monday, March 7, 2011

Brush Ups and Down Time

On Tuesday, we didn't do much in practical class. Most of us had a brush up style (6 rollers on top, ridge curls on the side, and square base half-stem pincurls in the back) to brush out, which was more difficult than any of us anticipated. The style just required a lot of manipulation and fine tuning that I think we will all become better at as the weeks go. There's a certain finesse with hair that our instructors and a lot of the advanced class students have that I can't wait to achieve. It's not something you can study or a technique you can learn, it's just something that comes with lots of experience and practice with hair.


This is my final brush up style. It's not the most modern style or my favorite style, but it tests a lot of our basic skills and I can appreciate why we need to learn it. I actually needed a lot of help from my instructor to get the front to sit right (which you can't really see in this picture), as well as to get the definition between the ridge curl and the pin curls behind the ear to stand out.

After we did our brush ups, we spent about an hour and a half working in our textbook and workbooks, which is a rarity in practical class. We also did about an hour of bookwork in theory on our new chapter, chemistry, which I was surprised to find out was literally about chemistry, not chemistry and hair. I got decent grades in high school chemistry, so I've been able to breeze through the material pretty quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive article! The blog is highly informative and has answered all my questions.
    To introduce about our company and the activities, B2B contact list is a database provider
    that helps you to boost your sales & grow your business through well-build
    cosmetologists mailing lists .

    ReplyDelete