Monday, March 7, 2011

100 Hours!


As of Saturday, our class officially hit our 100 hour mark :) Technically, I'm only at 92 hours since I missed the first Saturday, but I've decided I deserve to celebrate anyway! On the one hand, 100 hours seems like such a long time and such an accomplisment, but on the other hand, 100 hours is only 1/15th of the way there!

This week, I finally started to believe that we are getting out of fingerwaves, pincurls, ridge curls, and skip waves. I know I'll see them occasionally, but we are, at long last, moving on to skills we will use on a more regular basis. Hurrah!

On Saturday, we started learning blow outs, which as you know are one of my favorite things to do. A perfect blowout is such a simple, polished statement and it's the best way to show off your cut. 


The outside mannequins are two of my blowouts, one of them just a standard round brush, and the other a spiral set. I wasn't too happy with the spiral set, but I didn't have any product at my disposal, so I didn't take it too hard. 

See that mannequin in the middle? That's a whole different story. Remember how excited I was to be done with roller sets, only to discover I would be doing more roller sets? Then remember how excited I was to be done with those roller sets? I should've seen this coming - more roller sets! 

These roller sets are actually intended to mock rollers, because we don't actually use them in the style. You use a round brush in the same manner you would use a roller, but you roll and set it with heat at the same time using a blow dryer. Stick a pin curl clip in there while you finish the whole head, and you've got a faux roller set. It's actually a much easier and more tolerable method than roller sets, but I'd still rather not have to do any more roller-esque styles for a couple of weeks. Wishful thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment